2-inch Access System
2-inch access fittings
In oil and gas the 2-inch access fittings are being applied widely. Flanged fittings can be supplied up to 10.000 psi. For this system the following is available:
- Corrosion, bio, weld and scale coupons.
- Corrosion probes ER, LPR, ECN and combined 3 in one.
- Sand probes electronic and sacrificial.
- Injection quills.
This can be delivered in carbon steel ASTM A350LF2, duplex stainless steels and custom made materials such as Inconel 625.
On offshore platforms as a standard Seawater Liftpumps are used in order to pump the water up from the sea which is 25 metres lower. The pumps normally are made of nickel-aluminium-bronze of of duples stainless steel or super duplex stainless steel. Such alloys behave considerably more noble than carbon steel does. The potential difference is about 500 mV. The pumps are hanging in a pump caisson made out of carbon steel thus creating a huge battery for galvanic corrosion. The Corrodium caisson and pump protection system creates 100% protection.
Corrodium conducts asset integrity management for oil and gas offshore platforms since 2001. We do the following activities:
- Materials selection reports.
- Inspection management.
- Data management for probes and for water analysis.
- Making annual reports ‘corrosion management’.